Practices of Formation for the Missional Leader
As part of our “Missional Leadership in a Time of Uncertainty” series, our host Erik Willits interviews Bishop Todd Hunter and two practitioners—the Very Rev. Canon Dr. Kris McDaniel and the Rev. Dr. JR Rozko—to get honest, on-the-ground perspectives on what spiritual formation looks like during a pandemic. These three leaders share what has shifted in their own lives during the last eight weeks, what they are noticing about their own responses, and the practices they are finding most helpful.
The first half of the podcast includes:
- Augmented spiritual rhythms for a pandemic
- What has shifted and what has stayed the same
- The art of responding rather than reacting
- Why “pushing through” isn’t the answer
On the second half of the podcast, our friends discuss:
- Why creating inner space is key
- What bridges the gap from intention to action
- Top book recommendations on spiritual formation
Poet Sara Bourns “Exposed”
- Emotionally Healthy Leader by Pete Scazzero
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Pete Scazzero
- Renovation of the Heart by Dallas Willard
- Spirit of the Disciplines by Dallas Willard
- In the Name of Jesus by Henri Nouwen
- Spiritual Direction by Henri Nouwen
- The Contemplative Pastor by Eugene Peterson
- Practicing Resurrection by Eugene Peterson
- Introduction to the Devout Life by Francis de Sales
- Into the Silent Land by Martin Laird
Thanks so much for listening to the Intersection Podcast! We value your feedback. Please share your thoughts and ideas.
And as always, please subscribe to us on iTunes, leave us a review, and help us keep the conversation going!